John D. Mitchell, MD | Emily Ash Morin, MD | Jacquelyn Weber, MD
130 Park Street SE, Suite 300 Vienna, Virginia 22180 / Phone:703-938-2266
8218 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite P-10 Bethesda, Maryland 20814 / Phone:301-656-2027
John D. Mitchell, MD
Emily Ash Morin, MD
Jacquelyn Weber, MD
130 Park Street SE, Suite 300
Vienna, Virginia 22180
8218 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite P-10
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Botox is the trade name of medicinal Clostridium Botulinum toxin Type A. It has been used safely by Ophthalmologists for almost two decades as a non-surgical alternative to treat mild cases of strabismus (eye muscle imbalance) in children. It is now commonly being used as a cosmetic procedure to treat facial wrinkles in adults.
This naturally occuring substance causes prolonged relaxation of the muscles that induce crow's feet, forehead wrinkles and frown lines. By relaxing these muscles, the overlying skin can smooth out and regain a more youthful appearance. The Botox injection treatments take only a few minutes, and the effects are generally seen within a few days. The effects will gradually fade over three to five months, requiring repeat treatments if so desired.
Because the effects are not permanent, the patient can customize their future treatments to include more or less expression lines based on their previous response.
- Botox is a natural purified protein.
- Safe and effective in relaxing specific facial muscles to cause the expression lines to smooth and disappear.
- Quick procedure, relatively painless and no downtime.
- Full effect within two weeks, lasts up to four months.
- Dr. Emily Morin & Dr. John Mitchell have been trained and certified in Botox treatment.
- Botox has been used clinically for close to 20 years.
- Dr. Morin & Dr. Mitchell do the actual procedure, not an assistant or technician.